This page will likely be of little interest to most, but I have had questions from friends and family about the status of some of the projects I have in the works. I plan to TRY to maintain this list of projects and setup a separate page for each of those that I am currently working.)
As many of my friends and family know, I have a very diverse list of hobbies and interests ranging from baking to knife making. While I am certainly not a master of most of these, I do enjoy dabbling and learning. For me, the “figuring stuff out” aspect is probably the most rewarding.
At a high level here is my list of current projects and interests:
- Learning more Node.JS and working on the Alexa DirecTV project (https://github.com/bklavet/Echo-skill-to-control-Directv)
- Making furniture inspired by Ana White (http://www.ana-white.com/) using simple tools and techniques
- Baking cookies and bread. I will probably begin to document some great links. First one is an amazing one that goes into the “tech” of baking bread. (https://kitchenkemistry.wordpress.com/2012/10/16/basic-white-bread-beginners-recipe/)
- Knife making and hope to update this soon (http://www.geekblades.com/)
- Related to the knife making, I have begun the process of converting an old compressed air tank into a single-burner gas forge. I hope to do my own heat treating in the future.
- Home Automation (See Alexa Skill above) “Working hard to be lazy!!” is what I tell people.
- Virtual Pinball Machine (This is a big project and I have lots of photos and such that haven’t been post, outside of FB)
- Planning for finishing a bathroom in the basement
- Planning for custom built-ins in our family room
- 3D printing
- General electronics for home projects
- General DIY including: woodworking, tiling, electic, basic plumbing, etc.
- My newest interest is in starting the practice of yoga. (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFKE7WVJfvaHW5q283SxchA)
Anyway, that list is a bit longer than I had originally anticipated but a good reflection of the crazy going on at the house.